Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Busy, busy, busy....

That pretty much describes my life over the course of the past couple of days.  It started with some bad weather last week that left me in traffic trying to get home for more than two hours (although I fared much better than some that were stuck for up to 7 hours). 

Friday was Jacole's birthday party and her mom surprised her by coming in for the weekend.  Saturday was "Wendy K" day.  Her birthday is the 10th and we started celebrating by taking her to Easely Amused.  What a blast that was.  I will have to come back and post pictures of that later as they are all still currently on my cell phone. 

After that started the preparation for the Military ball.  Hannah and Jacole's first. And my girl Hannah has a date.  Very sweet and cute young man named Curt.  They has a blast and my daughter looked like a princess.  She started the day in a pair of jeans and a flannel button down shirt and this was the finished product.

Wendy trasnformed my baby girl from the sweet adorable girl to the beautiful mature princess that you see above.  I must say though, that my daughter had more product in her hair that night than I have ever had in my entire life.  She kept putting more stuff in, including baby powder (who knew????).  Now I know why Wendy looks glamorous every time I see her and why my routine takes 30 mintues, including showering and dressing.  Ha. 

Yesterday was my dad's surgery.  He was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year.  Thankfully it was caught VERY early and they removed his prostate yesterday.  Prognosis is excellent.  They are confident it had not spread, they removed the lymph nodes as well and we expect him to go home tomorrow and be back to his engineering self in no time.  Thank YOU God for the peace you provided throught this entire experience.  Relying on YOU and nothing else is an amazing feeling. 

Things should slow down a bit now (I hope)....

Have a blessed day....

1 comment:

  1. That beautiful princess gets her looks from her gorgeous mama!!

    ReplyDelete