Thursday, March 31, 2011

Changes.....

It's really a good thing I like change, for the most part, although here lately, I feel like I cannot keep up with the changes.  My boss just left for the very last time, she's retired after 35 years and I have very mixed emotions about it.  While I am beyond thrilled for her and this time in her life, she has more than earned it, it was hard to watch 35 of years of experience walk out the door.  She was pretty easy to work with (she never made me feel like I worked *for* her) and I am unsure of how things will be with her replacement. 

I am choosing to not be afraid, I am speaking that, because if I keep that in front of me, in my heart, in my mouth, in my mind, what I focus on WILL be my reality.  I know that God has only good things in store for me and yet I feel like I am struggling with keeping myself together lately. 

The tears feel like they are *right there* all the time.  Like at any moment the floodgates are going to open and I am just going to cry like a little girl.  I am not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing.  I am continually speaking what I know to be true about myself because THE WORD says it. 

As Pastor Chuck said last night, "I am where I am but I do not have to stay here".  But that is just it, it is up to me, not to be good enough for God, that is not what I mean, but to believe what His word says about me and live it.  ONLY believe.....that is all I have to do. 

The Bible says that His people perish for a lack of vision, well I have to get and keep the vision for my life planted squarely in front of me, that vision is for me - a healthy weight with an in shape body, a properous financial future (to be able to give and give and give and never look back), a healthy family, a strong marriage relationship and a positive attitude about myself.

That does not sound too bad does it.....now to keep that in front of me.......change it is a coming.....and I am ready for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment