Saturday, March 5, 2011

Serving.....

By far my most favorite thing in the world.  I am always so thankful for any opportunity to serve.  Today our church participated in a community wide SHINE project.  The "My Fathers House" ministry was given two very old buildings to turn into a "mission", food and clothing pantry.  I hope to hear from the directors soon with some further instruction on how to get more involved from these beginning stages.  I cannot wait. 

I am  so thankful that my Pastors got us involved with this project.  This has been my hearts desire for a long time and I hope that the directors took me seriously when I said I wanted to do whatever they needed. 

This morning was spent clearing the insulation and ceiling tiles, well not me, I was outside weilding a rake for two hours straight.  We had a great time, it was a lot of work, but the fellowship was great and the sense of accomplishment when we quit was amazing. 

Days like this I am reminded how much I long to not be sitting in a cubby everyday. How much I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt I am meant for something more fulfilling than selling insurance to lawyers.  But how do you make that happen when your finances call for you to have a job that pays well?  Well I will tell you what I'm going to do.  I am going to trust God to provide for finances to be taken care of and a new door to be opened. 

I will keep you posted!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment