Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dontcha just love

Getting a hair cut (or as we have to say around here a hairS cut)?  It's one of my favorite things ever.  And where I have mine done they wash my hair before the cut, she even does a scalp massage.  I think I love that part even morethan the cutting, but either way, I could sit in a chair and have someone do anything they want to my head.  It's like an escape for me. 


Today I had an opportunity to show Christ in a situation that involved getting my hair cut.  I had an appointment scheduled at 10 am today since December 10.  I was there at 10 when they opened.  Turns out my stylist was not there, they told me that she'd be in there in about 30 minutes, well 45 minutes later she still was not there, they asked me if I wanted to continue to wait or to reschedule and repeatedly apologized.  I told them I'd reschedule because I definitely wanted Cassondra to do it.  I asked them to quit apologizing that I understand things happen. 


When I went back at 3:30 for my appointment Cassondra apologized again and explained what happened with the schedule.  She then proceeded to tell me that EVERYONE in the salon was amazed that I did not raise a fuss, demand anything, holler, yell, or even seem upset about it all.  I guess they talked about me most of the afternoon.  I told Cassondra that getting mad or upset or angry was not going to change the situation and that it certainly would not have shown the love of Christ.  I then told her I would continue to come back to her because of the job that she does and that was all that mattered to me.


It felt good to walk out of there knowing that my attitude had made an impression on staff at the Salon.  I hope to always be that example of His peace in every situation.  Thank You God for living through me!!


Remember that in every situation YOU have the choice to show the Jesus in you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment