Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let it begin with me....

For the first time in almost two weeks I am beginning to feel like myself again.  That flu thing...well let me just put this bluntly....it SUCKS!!!  I can feel how out of whack I am.  I have been exercising three days a week since the end of August and now to have gone almost two weeks without it, I can feel it.  I plan to get back into the swing of things this Friday.


This weekend was great.  Had a great time at Crop Connection and ended up completing more than I thought I would.  Now that I'm feeling better, I am looking forward to taking some control of my life and circumstances.


Last night I had a discussion with my daughter that had me in tears.  She is an amazing, beautiful young woman with great thoughts, but she has a very selfish side.  I do not know where this comes from besides that old human nature that seems to take the blame for everything. 


She has this attitude that she is somehow better than some people.  Not everyone, it's not like a constant thing, but some people it is like because they do not fit into her little package she treats them poorly or ignores them.  I do not understand it.  I am the complete opposite.  I have spent many years in a place of feeling like I do not fit in somewhere so I have made it my goal to see to it that no one I know ever feels useless, unwanted or neglected.  I did not raise her to be this selfish.  Selfish is not in the nature God intended us to live by. 


How do I break this in her?  How do I instill in her that ALL people are valuable, even if they are annoying, irritating, not as cute as you think they should be, etc?  How do I get her to see that the very thing she cannot stand in her biological father is the very thing she is doing to so many that just want her to friends with them. 


I know that I am probably still the only one reading my blog, but I have high hopes that one day someone will stop and have an answer to even one of my questions.....


I pray that she will be like the furtile soil talked about in Matthew 13.  The one that hears, listens and understands the things of God.  Lord let me be that person in front of her.  Help me mold her into what it is You have set before her.  Lord let it begin with me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment