Monday, January 10, 2011

The Flu....

Oh the joys of the flu.  The flu is for the birds, pigs or whatever other animal you can think of, but it is most definitely NOT for me.  I'm trying desperately not to be cranky, irritable and a pain in the butt. I think I'm failing miserably.  I'm so very thankful for the wonderful husband I have.  He took me to the doctor because I was dizzy, picked up my prescriptions and made homemade chicken noodle soup.


I have accomplished a whole lot of nothing today and apparently that is what is on the menu for the next two days at least.  I love to sit around and do nothing, unless that is what I'm told to do.  Why is that?  What is it in us that we want to do the opposite of what we are told?  Why is it that when you tell a baby, No don't touch, that baby can't wait to touch exactly what he was told not too?  Or even better you tell a teenage girl she is not allowed to date a certain boy, he's the only boy she wants to date?  It's crazy really.  But I am stuck at home for the next two days and it's the last place I want to be.  Ordinarly I'd be sitting here on a Monday night going "I don't want to go to work tomorrow", but not this Monday, I'm sitting here wishing I could go to work (or at least have the opportunity). 


Todd, the wonderful hubby, says I should read or take hot a bath, or both, and on any other day that would sound like heaven, but when my desk was a mess when I left on Friday, and my boss has a freak out session if I'm out more than a day, all I can think is just let me go to work. 


I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment