Friday, January 14, 2011

Purpose.....

Purpose....that is my "vision" word for 2011.  I decided to take the KLove challenge this year of finding one word to define my vision for the year.  I did not do it last year, I was not in a place of being able to look past the end of my nose to see vision for anything at this time last year.  This year I decided that maybe that is why last year was as lousy as it was.  I started out with the wrong attitude. 

So....Purpose....I plan to live on purpose, love on purpose, encourage on purpose, work on purpose and in all of that hope to find my "purpose" so that i can Live with a Purpose.  Far too often in the past 12 months I have allowed circumstances to interfere with seeking God and His will and plan for my life.  I let anger, hurt feelings, frustration, despair cloud out His love and His purpose.  Not gonna happen this year. 

I have asked God for years what my purpose was, what I was supposed to be doing for Him.  I always, always, always wanted it to be in some form or fashion of me singing.  Singing is where my heart has been since I got saved.  I am no Kari Jobe or Francesca B, but I can carry a tune in a bucket (with a lid on it).  But I'm realizing that where I am, there is not a place for me in that area.  I am accepting that and seeking His will, my second passion has always been serving.  I don't care where you need me, just need me and tell me.  I love the feeling of knowing that I have done something for someone that they couldn't do, didn't have time to do or just didn't want to do themselves.  I don't care if anyone knows about it either.  Tied with serving is encouraging, I LOVE to bring a smile to someone's face with a simple compliment. 

So since singing is out (except in my shower and in the congregation at church), serving and encouraging is where my PURPOSE is focused right now.  I will serve with a purpose and be thankful to be used when needed, where needed. 

So I challenge you (if there is a YOU lol), determine what your vision word is for the year 2011, pray about it, ask God to show you what it is and then come back and post here, I'd like to know what it is too. 

To borrow a phrase from one of my favorite bloggers, Darlene Schacht:

YOU ARE LOVED BY AN ALMIGHTY GOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment